Folsom High School Athletic Boosters General Board Meeting
May 8, 2017
Meeting began: 6:35 PM
Location: Folsom High School, Library
Members present: Doug Quiroz, Jennifer Torres, Tina Cahill, Nicole Spotswood, Laura Bursee, Rehana Sharma, Lourdes Moore, Mike McMurtrey, Leslie Woods, Jill Hess, Lisa Finely, and Celeste Petersen
Approval of minutes:
Motion to approve April Minutes: motioned by Doug Quiroz seconded by Tina Cahill, motion carried.
Athletic Director’s Report:
- All athletes need to complete online Athletic Clearance, effective June 1, in order to participate in any summer sporting activities: clinics, camps, weight training, etc. Physicals are good for one year. Athletes who have physicals expiring should get a notice from the system about one month prior to expiration.
- The Athletic Directors will be shuffling some of their responsible sports next year. It hasn’t yet been decided which sports will be affected.
- In 2018-19, Nevada Union and Woodcreek will no longer be in our division. Whitney will be added.Treasurer Report:
No amounts were reported.
A check was received from Intel for volunteer hours.
IMPORTANT: All sports who have had Intel volunteers this year must report their hours to Jen Torres BY JUNE 5 so she can determine the funds each sport will receive.
- Vote Carla Barrow to take over Softball
- Vote Laura Bursee to take over Track and Cross Country
- Vote Rahana Sharma to take over for Lourdes updating the FHSAB calendar andwebsiteWe need to fill the Athletic Boosters President and Secretary positions. Booster members are encouraged to consider stepping up to take a position or ask other possibly interested persons.
NO MEETING IN JUNE
Meeting adjourned 6:56 PM
Minutes submitted by Celeste Petersen